Fatemeh Torabi Asr
I am currently a post-doctoral fellow at the Discourse Processing Lab within the Department of Linguistics at Simon Fraser University. With a background in software engineering and research experience in the area of cognitive computing and computational linguistics (NLP), I aim at understanding semantic processing in human brain and developing language-intelligent systems that benefit human society. My current research is focused on the emergent problem of fake news and toxicity on social media!
See an overview of my professional journey here!
- 2011 - 2015 PhD, Computer Science, Saarland University
- 2007 - 2010 MSc, Software Engineering, Shiraz University
- 2003 - 2007 BSc, Computer Science and Engineering, Shiraz University
- Sep 2017 - present: Post-doctoral research associate at Discourse Processing Lab
- Dec 2015 - Aug 2017: Post-doctoral research associate at Cognitive Computing Lab
- 2014 - 2015: Research staff at Collaborative Research Center SFB 1102
- 2011 - 2014: Research staff at MMCI Cluster of Excellence
- My galary at vidashop.com
- Science Cafe Bloomington
- TEDx talk: Caroline McHugh on the art of being yourself
- TED talk: Marina Abramović on an art made of trust, vulnerability and connection
- TED talk: Abha Dawesar on life in the digitalnow
- TED talk: Jeff Hawkins on how brain science will change computing